About the artwork
Henri Matisse (1869-1954)
Oil on canvas
55 x 46 cm
In the summer of 1905 there was a shift in the work of Matisse, who went to Collioure joined by André Derain. He is working on a new model of the image. The stake is none other than to free the canvas from the mimetic representation of a subject: the lines no longer come to delimit contours nor the flat areas define any surface, only the pure color relationships structure the composition.
Framed Art Prints
Fine art, gallery quality giclée print on natural white, matte, archival paper using UV pigment 12 colors Epson archival inks for crisp contrasts and 100+ years longevity.
- Contemporary frame custom-made from high-quality wood.
- Fine art paper 200 g/m2, slightly textured, 100% cotton rag, acid and lignin free.
- Premium shatterproof acrylic cover, clearer and lighter than glass.
- Acid-free dust cover on the back.
- Delivered fully strung, ready for hanging, in its protective packaging.