Framed Canvas "Self-Portrait [Autoportrait]"
About the Artwork
Francis Bacon (1909-1992)
Oil on canvas
35,5 x 30,5 cm
With its large flat tint of dark colors contrasting with a black background, this self-portrait of Francis Bacon catches the eye. The features of the face become difficult to identify as the outlines are fuzzy, tortured, sinuous. The artist loses his identity at the same time as his face.
Fine art giclée print on bright white matte canvas using latest generation UV pigment 12 colors Epson archival inks for crisp contrasts and 100+ years longevity.
Individually custom-made flat frame in solid wood with a contemporary sharp looking profile measuring 1 cm wide by 4 cm deep with 5 mm between the edge of the frame and the canvas.
- Artist grade canvas 400 g/m2, slightly textured, fine poly-cotton blend.
- Individually trimmed and hand stretched museum wrap over 3.8 cm deep wood stretcher bars.
- The sides are printed in black.
- Finished with a matte UV varnish coating for more protection.
- Delivered fully strung, ready for hanging, in its protective packaging.