Framed Canvas "Marguerite au chat noir"
About the Artwork
Henri Matisse (1869-1954)
Marguerite au chat noir
Oil on canvas
94 x 64 cm
This work stands out as one the moste stylised of the thirty or so portraits Matisse painted of his daughter. The frontal, hieratic pose adopted by the fifteen year-old Marguerite already augurs a certain seriousness, not to say courage: the high collar and brooch mask the tracheotomy scar of a child who faced illness from an early age.
Fine art giclée print on bright white matte canvas using latest generation UV pigment 12 colors Epson archival inks for crisp contrasts and 100+ years longevity.
Individually custom-made flat frame in solid wood with a contemporary sharp looking profile measuring 1 cm wide by 4 cm deep with 5 mm between the edge of the frame and the canvas.
- Artist grade canvas 400 g/m2, slightly textured, fine poly-cotton blend.
- Individually trimmed and hand stretched museum wrap over 3.8 cm deep wood stretcher bars.
- The sides are printed in black.
- Finished with a matte UV varnish coating for more protection.
- Delivered fully strung, ready for hanging, in its protective packaging.