Framed Canvas "La Tristesse du roi"
About the Artwork
Henri Matisse (1869-1954)
La Tristesse du roi
Papiers gouachés, découpés, marouflés sur toile
292 x 386 cm
For this monumental artwork, Matisse uses his technique of cut gouache. Several commentators on the artwork have noted that a Matisse is always remembered taller than he actually is. This is because the giant image of the cut-outs sums up the expansive space pursued by Matisse throughout his life.
Fine art giclée print on bright white matte canvas using latest generation UV pigment 12 colors Epson archival inks for crisp contrasts and 100+ years longevity.
Individually custom-made flat frame in solid wood with a contemporary sharp looking profile measuring 1 cm wide by 4 cm deep with 5 mm between the edge of the frame and the canvas.
- Artist grade canvas 400 g/m2, slightly textured, fine poly-cotton blend.
- Individually trimmed and hand stretched museum wrap over 3.8 cm deep wood stretcher bars.
- The sides are printed in black.
- Finished with a matte UV varnish coating for more protection.
- Delivered fully strung, ready for hanging, in its protective packaging.