Framed Canvas "Gelb-Rot-Blau (Jaune-rouge-bleu)"
Print typeCanvas Prints
About the Artwork
Vassily Kandinsky (1866-1944)
Oil on canvas
128 x 201,5 cm
The abstraction of Kandinsky's lyrical and spontaneous beginnings changed into a more rational geometric language in the 1920s. This work is based on the balance of opposed but yet complementary elements. At first sight, two parts seem to confort each other: geometric lines and bright colors on the left, sinuous shapes and dark shapes on the right. The main emphasis is on the three primary colors that, from left to right, articulate the composition.
Fine art giclée print on bright white matte canvas using latest generation UV pigment 12 colors Epson archival inks for crisp contrasts and 100+ years longevity.
Individually custom-made flat frame in solid wood with a contemporary sharp looking profile measuring 1 cm wide by 4 cm deep with 5 mm between the edge of the frame and the canvas.
- Artist grade canvas 400 g/m2, slightly textured, fine poly-cotton blend.
- Individually trimmed and hand stretched museum wrap over 3.8 cm deep wood stretcher bars.
- The sides are printed in black.
- Finished with a matte UV varnish coating for more protection.
- Delivered fully strung, ready for hanging, in its protective packaging.