Framed Canvas "La Ville de Paris"
About the Artwork
Robert Delaunay (1885-1941)
La Ville de Paris
Oil on canvas
267 x 406 cm
Painted for the Salon des Indépendants of 1912, La Ville de Paris, depics, by its monumental size and its rich iconography, the ambitions of Robert Delaunay. It sums up, in an accelerated processus, his transition from cubism to abstraction, via simultaneous contrasts.
Fine art giclée print on bright white matte canvas using latest generation UV pigment 12 colors Epson archival inks for crisp contrasts and 100+ years longevity.
Individually custom-made flat frame in solid wood with a contemporary sharp looking profile measuring 1 cm wide by 4 cm deep with 5 mm between the edge of the frame and the canvas.
- Artist grade canvas 400 g/m2, slightly textured, fine poly-cotton blend.
- Individually trimmed and hand stretched museum wrap over 3.8 cm deep wood stretcher bars.
- The sides are printed in black.
- Finished with a matte UV varnish coating for more protection.
- Delivered fully strung, ready for hanging, in its protective packaging.