Framed Canvas "Une fenêtre"
Print typeCanvas Prints
About the Artwork
Robert Delaunay (1885-1941)
Une fenêtre (Étude pour Les Trois Fenêtres ; La Tour et la Roue)
Oil on canvas
111 x 90 cm
Une fenêtre is one of a series of twenty paintings produced between April and December 1912 . The painting is based on the simultaneous contrasts of colour that give its rhythm. In constructing, the "windows" by means of a "language of space... a language of sense and rhythm", Delaunay invented the Orphic Cubism, opening up the world of "pure painting".
Fine art giclée print on bright white matte canvas using latest generation UV pigment 12 colors Epson archival inks for crisp contrasts and 100+ years longevity.
Individually custom-made flat frame in solid wood with a contemporary sharp looking profile measuring 1 cm wide by 4 cm deep with 5 mm between the edge of the frame and the canvas.
- Artist grade canvas 400 g/m2, slightly textured, fine poly-cotton blend.
- Individually trimmed and hand stretched museum wrap over 3.8 cm deep wood stretcher bars.
- The sides are printed in black.
- Finished with a matte UV varnish coating for more protection.
- Delivered fully strung, ready for hanging, in its protective packaging.