Framed Canvas "Football"
About the Artwork
Robert Delaunay (1885-1941)
Watercolour on 2 superimposed sheets of paper stuck on grey cartboard
46 x 47 cm
About the work:
Football was a decor project for a ballet - incompleted - that the Delaunay couple had started with Léonide Massine, one of the star dancer of the Ballets Russes troup, and the Spanish compositor Manuel de Falla, when they were in Spain.
Fine art giclée print on bright white matte canvas using latest generation UV pigment 12 colors Epson archival inks for crisp contrasts and 100+ years longevity.
Individually custom-made flat frame in solid wood with a contemporary sharp looking profile measuring 1 cm wide by 4 cm deep with 5 mm between the edge of the frame and the canvas.
- Artist grade canvas 400 g/m2, slightly textured, fine poly-cotton blend.
- Individually trimmed and hand stretched museum wrap over 3.8 cm deep wood stretcher bars.
- The sides are printed in black.
- Finished with a matte UV varnish coating for more protection.
- Delivered fully strung, ready for hanging, in its protective packaging.