Framed Art Print "Les Deux Péniches"
About the Artwork
André Derain (1880-1954)
* The Two Barges *
Oil on canvas
80x 97.5 cm
The work belongs to the series of Views of London painted by André Derain in 1906-1907 commissioned by the gallery owner Ambroise Vollard, after the success of "Thirty-Seven Views of the Thames" (1904) by Claude Monet. This highly constructed composition, where the space is perfectly organized by perspective, and little deconstructed by color, shows Derain's desire to overcome Impressionism through chromatic power and the rejection of any pictorial realism.
Framed Art Print
Fine art, gallery quality giclée print on natural white, matte, archival paper using UV pigment 12 colors Epson archival inks for crisp contrasts and 100+ years longevity.
- Contemporary frame custom-made from high-quality wood.
- Fine art paper 200 g/m2, slightly textured, 100% cotton rag, acid and lignin free.
- Premium shatterproof acrylic cover, clearer and lighter than glass.
- Acid-free dust cover on the back.
- Delivered fully strung, ready for hanging, in its protective packaging.