Framed Art Print "Marguerite au chat noir"
About the Artwork
Henri Matisse (1869-1954)
Marguerite au chat noir
Oil on canvas
94 x 64 cm
This work stands out as one the moste stylised of the thirty or so portraits Matisse painted of his daughter. The frontal, hieratic pose adopted by the fifteen year-old Marguerite already augurs a certain seriousness, not to say courage: the high collar and brooch mask the tracheotomy scar of a child who faced illness from an early age.
Framed Art Print
Fine art, gallery quality giclée print on natural white, matte, archival paper using UV pigment 12 colors Epson archival inks for crisp contrasts and 100+ years longevity.
- Contemporary frame custom-made from high-quality wood.
- Fine art paper 200 g/m2, slightly textured, 100% cotton rag, acid and lignin free.
- Premium shatterproof acrylic cover, clearer and lighter than glass.
- Acid-free dust cover on the back.
- Delivered fully strung, ready for hanging, in its protective packaging.